The Palace of Arts (Müvészetek Palotája in Hungarian) is a progressive multifunctional cultural facility in Budapest. FCM Hungary has managed travel for the Palace of Arts since 2007 and successfully retendered for their travel program in 2012. As part of this proposal FCM recommended a number of travel program changes, including initiatives to improve service and drive cost savings through travel policy development.
- FCM’s proposal focused on improved service levels, travel policy development, cost reduction strategies and crisis response.
- FCM appointed a dedicated account manager to oversee program development and progress.
- FCM reduced response times and redeveloped its back-office system to increase reporting capabilities and meet reporting procedures for Palace of Arts.
- FCM implemented a revised travel policy including the company’s new preferences for service and use of suppliers.
- The introduction of advance purchase for all travel requests, particularly for flights.
- FCM guaranteed to provide three different options for air travel requests and richer content for hotel bookings.
- FCM proposed a pricing model that allowed Palace of Arts to increase their savings but also maintain the same level of servicing.
- FCM waived transaction fees for hotel bookings and a 5% discount was offered on transaction fees for air bookings with traditional or full service carriers.
- FCM also waived fees on new reporting requirements, to deliver more in-depth reporting at no extra cost.
- FCM introduced quarterly account management meetings with the client.
- FCM introduced free 24/7/365 day emergency travel support.
During a six month period, FCM saved approximately 8% on the total cost of Palace of Art’s air travel and accommodation. These savings are a result of booking the lowest available fares including airfares from low cost carriers, early booking special fares and use of FCM’s negotiated hotel rates. FCM negotiated corporate rates for preferred hotels in Budapest and ensured the best prices were secured for international artists. FCM also secured luggage and logistics assistance to ensure artists’ instruments are transported safely and cost effectively. FCM assists artists travelling to and from Budapest to perform at the Palace of Arts, at no extra cost.